Balboa Strawberry Festival
About the Festival
- Balboa Strawberry Festival will take place: June 10, 2018
- Location: Ventura Blvd between Balboa Ave and Amestoy Ave.
- Parking Info: Street Parking will be available near Festival.
- GPS: Please enter 17019 Ventura Blvd, Encino, CA 91316
Held in June of each year, the Balboa Strawberry Festival is a celebration of summer, food and fun, held in Encino on Ventura Blvd. The Festival is centered around local residents’ love for delicious, California grown strawberries. Featuring tons of strawberry themed food and drink, plus live music, dancing, rides and games for the whole family, this is the PERFECT way to celebrate summer!
A free family event in Encino on June 10, 2018. Event will take place on Ventura Blvd from Balboa to Amestory from 10am-6pm.
What is a strawberry festival?
A strawberry festival is a big party celebrating that wonderful sweet summer fruit, the California strawberry. It’s all about strawberries, families, kids and fun! We will celebrate the California strawberry in many ways: picking them, eating them, putting them into recipes, playing games and just plain summer fun.
Why a strawberry festival?
- Summer is coming and strawberries are here!
- Strawberries are such an important crop to our state as California provides nearly 90% of the USA’s supply of strawberries!
- Strawberries are a big part of summer fun!
Why hold the festival now?
The time is ripe for strawberries! The peak season for harvesting California strawberries runs from April to June. They’ve been growing since before Christmas and now the delicious California strawberries are ready to eat so let’s celebrate them!
Why is it held in Encino?
Back for its 2nd year in Encino, we believe that LA should have its very own strawberry festival! With this in mind, we decided to hold the festival in the heart of beautiful San Fernando Valley so that celebrating strawberries and summer is now only a short drive from home!